My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Thursday, July 9, 2009

CF Games & Recovery




Since the CrossFit Games are this weekend, I thought I should post my thoughts on what can happen. Five events Saturday ... X ("multiple") events Sunday ... I wonder if "they" are going for a decathalon of endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, accuracy events? This is all going to come down to recovery. So this is where DOMS comes into play and Yoga is going to help. It's going to be hard for any human to recover after 5 WODs first day and X WODs the second day. Mental, physical, and spirtiual are key factors for all the top CrossFitters this weekend. The FITTEST person in the WORLD needs to have a well rounded ability in all lifts and movements of CF. Who cares if they can kill Fran but do horribly on a run; they aren't the fittest. I hope all the CF athletes this weekend have their A-game ready. Rapid recovery is the key word. In the pics above are 4 of the 75 competitors this weekend. Dutch Lowry, Breck Berry, Jason Boag, and Lance Cantu. Good luck to all and stay focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment