My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Great Question of when to do Yoga

Question: I'm just starting Yoga and I also weight lift. Can you give me some advice as to whether I should do Yoga stretches and weight lifting on the same day or on the rest days or the other way around. Also any recommendations on which videos I should start with would be appreciated?

Do Yoga whenever and wherever you can. But seriously, if you do Yoga on the same day as your training days, select a Yoga practice that compliments your weight training workout. Your Yoga practice should be done after the weight training session. Even if you train in the morning and do Yoga in the evening. I like to run to Yoga so my core temperature is up and then I do Yoga and run home. I believe that my Yoga practice helps release lactic acid build up from the weight training. It also helps condition your muscles and joints to maintain range of motion and mobility. I do Yoga at least four times a week. I also take a full REST day each week on Wednesday. SO to answer your question stretch as much and as often as you can! Check out the videos on the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment