My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, January 10, 2014

Stay within The Zone

Nutrtion is probably the only difference in the top athletes. What about the Zone diet? I spent a 4 months weighing and measuring all of my meals. I learned a lot about portions and discipline with food during this time, but I no longer weigh and measure my food. I know what portions I need at each meal. I'll be honest with you. I still think that weighing and measuring my food would help my performance, but I don't do it anymore, because I feel it's very close. Are you eating in the zone?
 
The Zone diet is primarily concerned with controlling your hormones. Hormonal balance affects all important components of your wellness: body composition, energy utilization, blood chemistry, and much more. Food is a drug. This may seem shocking, but think about the definition of a drug. Loosely, ingesting drugs causes physiological changes in your body. Ingesting food has the same effect. It can bring about positive or negative changes in your body. Would you consume expired, low-quality medicine? Then why should we expect different results when our diet consists of low-quality processed garbage with no nutritional value? 

No comments:

Post a Comment