My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Using Gloves Can Help

I have not always been a proponent of gloves for lifting or workouts. My real issue has always been that you really cannot hang onto a pull up bar well with most gloves. Last year after I ripped my hands on a WOD with 20 rope climbs, I have found some gloves that I like. Football wide receiver gloves actually works well. The palm has a silicone finish that grips a pull up bar well. The benefit of gloves is that you don’t tear. I use gloves on some Deadlifts until I get to the heavy lifts. The downside, it will be hard for some people to hook grip on a barbell, the surface of the glove doesn’t hold up to the knurling of a bar well. The ones I use are made by Nike, but there are quite a few brands that make them. In my opinion they are a good option for certain WODs where tears are almost inevitable. If you can avoid wearing them for lots of cleans and snatches you will extend the life of the glove and get heavier lifts.


2 comments:

  1. Yes gloves will protect your hands while performing crossfit from injuries but always buy a good one. http://glovereview.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always select best gloves for crossfit practices that does shield your hands from injuries as well as help in maintaining grasp so you can perform your workouts with no problems.To know more subtle elements: cross fit gloves

    ReplyDelete