My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Turn your world upside-down


Supporting your weight with your weaker extremities requires much more than just strength. It requires balance, composure, respiratory endurance, and... well, strength. When standing upright, the hips are the base of balance and power. When you are inverted, the shoulders become center stage. The center of balance also changes dramatically when the weight distribution is shifted to a higher position.

2 comments:

  1. I googled crossfit and yoga and got your blog. I wanted to know a few things....1) is it you in the yoga videos? I mean do you do cf and yoga? and 2) the pics and videos of wods and such are you as well?

    I am asking because my trainer, who I think is fabulous and has helped me a great deal, doesn't "believe in yoga". I did yoga several years back for a bit before cf and kind of liked it. I'm not the most coordinated nor flexible woman and I find the stronger I get the less flexible I am getting as well as having probs with shoulder mobility and hip mobility. I have been doing "stretches" foam rolling, etc. but its not enough. So, I am turning to yoga and just wanted to know if you were the bad ass cf'er in the pics and the yoga guy then I would feel "justified" going against my awesome trainer's opinion. : )

    Thanks, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is me. I practice both CrossFit and Yoga. I'm trying to bridge the gap between strong and flexible.

    ReplyDelete