My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Weight training + Yoga




I get emails all the time from different people asking great questions. Here is one about weight training and Yoga.

I am 29 yr old fairly fit guy who has recently taken up Ashtanga Yoga. Previous to doing Yoga I lifted weights three times a week (not huge amounts of weight I'm a fairly slim athletic build). I find now that the weight lifting interferes with my Yoga as my muscles haven't recovered enough so I stopped lifting a few weeks ago. Do you have this problem?

If you find weight training to inhibit your yoga practice it may simply be how you are weight training. Yoga should compliment your weight routine. Yoga can help with stretching and fluid movement. This is something that pro athletes have found to work wonders when used in combination with weights. Yoga and weight training offer a complete and balanced program for total fitness of body and mind. This will give you a better outlook on life and improved confidence in every aspect of living.


No comments:

Post a Comment