My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Monday, May 10, 2010

What can YOGA do for me?


I wanted to list some of the benefits of daily Yoga practice. I know everyone is different, so you may feel some benefits sooner. Ability to handle stresses, a more positive outlook, just a feeling of balance can ease into your existence without you really noticing. I always say if you put in the work you will be rewarded 10 fold. The release of toxins from your system will improve your immune response, and your sense of balance and your muscle tone will also get better. Joint stiffness and some of your everyday aches and pains will decrease over time. You can do other exercises as well. Most exercise programs that I have used recommend some form of stretching before working out, sounds like a short yoga session would fit this need. This loosens the joints and warms the muscles so that you are less likely to be suffer injuries. Remember your breathing. As you exercise, your breathing helps to force toxins out of your system so that you will have less muscle fatigue and pain after your workout. As you progress in yoga, you may want to look into Ashtanga (Power Yoga) or even try Bikram (Hot Yoga). I have been creating my own routines and videos to keep it interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment