My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To answer the question

I recieved this question the other day and wanted to share:

Hi Chad! I know from personal experience doing Crossfit.com WOD's that one loses some muscle size and I have seen this in others too! (Maybe Crossfit.com doesn't have regular enough strength sessions?) I saw on your blog the "Starting Strength" article and I'm going to do that for the next 2-3 months to gain some more strength and muscle. I have noticed that you are in pretty awesome shape and you have some decent muscle for a crossfitter! Is this just from doing the Next Generation WOD? Or is there something else thrown in? What is your workout like exactly? Thanks a lot mate! Andre.



I love the saying "CrossFit makes women hot and men small". If someone is putting out high intensity and not eating the proper food to fuel their body, then they will begin to shrink in size. I eat every 3 hours and never miss a meal. In addition to NGCF WODs, we do skill and strength work. I also optimize my performance with stretching (YOGA). Training for the Regional only, we are doing 3 days on and Thursday off. Friday and Saturday on and Sunday off. In all my training days I always do a 30min dynamic warm-up. I also like to spend 15min a day working on my weakness. Right now I'm doing 5/3/1 strength training after my warm-up. To keep muscle strength and size I believe you still have to powerlift. I like to do constantly varied, functional movements, executed at high intensity to increase my work capacity across broad time and modal domains. Dodgeball season just ended and Basketball season just started. I live a very active lifestyle and just love playing and enjoying life.

This Month's Schedule
Monday- training A.M. and Yoga & Basketball P.M.
Tuesday- training & Jui-jitsu A.M. and Yoga(optional)
Wednesday- Yoga(lunch) and training P.M.
Thursday- REST DAY
Friday- training & Jui-jitsu A.M. and Yoga P.M.
Saturday- Run/Race & training A.M.
Sunday- REST DAY

No comments:

Post a Comment