My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, July 31, 2009

Next Generation Crossfit





















Well this is where it all started for me. Last year Jan 2008 I decided to do a little more fuctional training along with my yoga instead of all bodybuilding workouts. I liked doing bench press and curls, but besides making your arms and chest look good, they really have no function. Anyway I was getting bored with the chest day, leg day, arm day, shoulder day, and back day. Well my best friend heard about this small gym doing cross training. I had heard a little bit about it because of the movie "300" and BJ Penn had his own workout "Fight Gone Bad". I show up to this warehouse at 6am and meet Barberic himself. He gave me a quick rundown and I started to warm up. As I was doing my pull-ups one guy yelled hey look at this new guy he has some guns. So Barberic said I got a perfect workout for you and he said let's do "Cindy". As many rounds as possible in 20 min 5 pull-ups 10 push-ups 15 air squats. I got 18 rounds my first time and I thought this guy was trying to kill me, he would keep pushing to do sets unbroken. I had been doing yoga for about two solid years by then and I wanted to breathe and take my time, but it was all about max effort. The funny thing was that I didn't come back for about 10 days because I thought Barberic was insane to train this way(I was scared) haha. So I returned and signed up and here I am today, a trainer and athlete at Next Generation Crossfit. www.nextgenerationcrossfit.com Barberic is my personal coach and workout partner now. We are great friends because we both share the passion of elite fitness. The Next Generation crossfit family is completly awesome. We only train 1 hour a day, 3 days on 1 day off. This really beats the Gold's Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment