My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Great Question? (Jump Rope)

Okay, here's the deal. I'm a football player and suck at jump roping. I want to improve my footwork this offseason. Do you know how I could progress on jump rope so that about 6-8 months from now, I'm good at it?

I'm 5'7" and 185 lbs, if that helps at all.



I'm a huge believer in the rope.

When teaching someone these are the things I've noticed that are the most common problems:
1. Jumping too high - you only need to jump an inch off the ground. Most beginners always seem to think they have to jump 12 inches off the ground. 

2. Wrist mobility and rotation speed - Starting out you don't want to go too fast but you should go at a pace that causes the rope to stay mostly tight and clear your head. Your wrists determine your rhythm not your feet.

3. Relax and have some fun with it - Especially starting out people get nervous and tense up. You need to stay relaxed.

Hope this helps in your football offseason! Just Do Work & Daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment