My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Saturday, September 5, 2009

CrossFit Level 1 Certification



The Level 1 Certification is an Introductory course on CrossFit's methods, concepts, and movements. On completing a Level 1 CrossFit certification, I will have the resources and a sufficient foundation from where I can continue independent and successful development as a CrossFit trainer and athlete. Pat Sherwood and Chuck Carswell are the two main coaches at our cert. We have learned the 9 basic movements in CrossFit. We broke them down into the set-up, the points of performance, and the faults. We practiced with the PVC until we were tired of the PVC. Squat- Front Squat-Over head Squat. Press- Push Press- Push jerk. Deadlift- Sumo Deadlift High Pull- Med Ball Cleans. I will explain and coach more of these moves in the future. We also defined fitness and what it really is. We did a "Fran" WOD after the day was over and I did it in 4:36, my PR is 2:57. I will update tommrow after another full day of great coaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment