My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Mid-Line

A basic Yoga pose is a cross-legged seated position that begins many yoga classes. For me, it is difficult to maintain a neutral spine in this position, as this is the case for many men. From my own perspective, I have logically decided why I have trouble maintaining this position. A probable reason why I can't hold this position properly is because my hip muscles are tight, particularly the hip rotators. I perform so many different explosive lifts on a daily basis. They are preventing my pelvis from rotating in neutral position, so my lower back muscles have to overwork to stabilize. So, holding the easy cross-legged pose is kind of like a workout for me because my muscles are working against me, rather than for me. This can be a good thing since this is a form of active-stretching. In other words, the weakened and lengthened muscles are working to overcome the stronger shorter muscles, and overtime, my body posture will improve as will my muscle flexibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment