My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Yoga anywhere, anytime


I absolutely love doing yoga. The problem is finding enough time to really do it. If you're already training 10-12 hours/week and you work a 40 hour work week, it can be really tough to find time. Now that I've been doing it for over 4 years, I have some basics that I can do on my own. However, for beginners, and I think for a true yoga session, it's best to get into a class. I am amazed at how much it has opened up my hips, how aware it's made me of my hip imbalances, how much it's improved my balance, how well it stretches my hamstrings and back. The major limiter is time and of course, it's not cheap. I'm happy if I can get two yoga sessions in a week and try to do some shorter 20-minute sessions at home or CrossFit to supplement and stay flexible.

No comments:

Post a Comment