My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Friday, June 11, 2010

It's all about the Shoes!


Vibram Five Fingers (love these)


Invo 8's (really love these)


OLY lifting shoes (makes the world of difference)



When I play basketball, I wear basketball shoes. When I run, I wear running flats. In the many years that I have being going to CrossFit, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I have seen lifters working out in proper weightlifting shoes. It seems that while other athletes will wear specialty shoes for whatever sport they participate in, most weightlifters don't consider the benefits that proper shoes can make to their performance and strength. Lifting in sneakers makes the foundation of your squat and other lifts unstable. This instability makes every lift seem as if you are performing the movement for the very first time. Good technique is developed by reproducing the correct movement over and over. Proper weightlifting shoes provide a stable base. The heel on a weightlifting shoe also makes it easier to keep your torso upright, knees in the right position—slightly in front of the toes, and to get into a deeper squat. Allowing you to be able to sit back better and keep your heels on the floor. Many lifters find that after trying weightlifting shoes, they can’t believe that they ever were able to lift without them. When you consider the price you can pay for a good pair of shoes, it really make sense to invest.

No comments:

Post a Comment