My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My First Half-Marathon Experience


Today was the big day. I completed 13.1 miles of POSE running, as I ran across the 96th street bridge and down Riverside to 41st street and back. I started out at a pretty good pace 8:30 min/mile. I maintained it through the first half or so of the race, but I knew I wanted to speed it up. At mile 9 I started to do 8:00 min/mile. Then the last mile I did about 7:45 min/mile. I never stopped once and didn't need a water break. I had a big smile on my face when I crossed the finish line @ 1:50. I was grateful to meet a guy named Jake Crycheck, we ran the first 11 miles together and it helped me set a great pace. Since the CrossFit Regionals are 2 weeks away, I did a workout after the race.

"Cindy" As Many Rounds As Possible in 20 min
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

21 rounds

No comments:

Post a Comment