My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Parallette Construction



So I decided it was time to start working on my core with L-sits and deeper handstand push-ups. I went to a hardware store and bought some 1 1/4" pipe 8' long. Bought some elbows, T's, and end caps. I also bought some tape so I would have a little grip. This is a very useful piece equipment and the whole project took me 20 min and around $25.00 depending on which hardware store you go to. What you need: About 6-9 feet of PVC or ABS pipe (decide how much you need based on the measurements below). Four T connections. Four elbow joints. Eight end caps. (the diameter can be 3/4 - 1 1/2 in. depending on the size of the person to use the parallettes) First cut two 10-14 in. pieces of pipe. (These will be the portions you hold onto) Stick an elbow on both ends of both of these pieces. Second cut four 3-8 in. pieces depending on the height you want, keep in mind the elbows and T joints will add to the total height. The most important part of this step is to keep all these pieces the same length. Place these in the other end of the elbows, and attach the T joints to the free ends. Third cut eight 4-6 in. pieces depending on the base width you desire. Wider is more stable, but takes up more space. Place these pieces in the available slots in the T joints and cap the other ends. You now have parallettes. Fourth you will want to score the surface of the grip portion of the parallettes with a wire brush or just use colored electrical tape like I did.(makes it look pretty, I love black and red combo) If you would like I can make and send you a pair for a small fee, just leave a comment or email me.

2 comments:

  1. How long can you hold that L-sit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just practicing 3-5 20 sec holds right now. I'm working with the L-sit go back through for the handstand then come back to L-sit. I will post video soon.

    ReplyDelete