This is an easy design for an eight-foot square platform that will stand up to your heavy training for a long time to come.
Protect your floor, your weights, and your knees by lifting at home on a proper training platform.
- Four sheets of 3/4-inch CDX plywood
- One sheet of AB or AC plywood
- One 8' x 4' horse stall (rubber) mat
- About five tubes of industrial-strength adhesive
- Calking gun
- 1 ¼" wood screws
- Reciprocating saw
- Chalk/string straight line drawing tool
Lay two sheets of CDX plywood lengthwise side by side in the direction you will face to lift.
Lay it out.
Glue it together.
Lay two sheets of CDX plywood crosswise on top of bottom sheets.
Screw sheets together 2" from edges, 16" apart, around perimeter and along insides edges of top sheets.
Clamp it down.
Post a Comment