My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Saturday, September 29, 2012

People are starting to figure it out

This is a blog post from a 3 year CrossFit Games athlete, Blair Morrison. I've always believed that you must lift heavy weight and metcon when needed. Check out his blog here:

My goal for the next 6 months is simple: get bigger and stronger. Now I’m not saying balloon up and try to cut weight by conditioning my ass off before the Open and Regionals, but to make a serious effort to eat, lift, and sleep enough to be 10 lb heavier than I am now. I sit around 185# pretty comfortably, so the goal will be 195# by April with squat numbers up over 450#, Deads over 500#, and more consistent Olympic lifts. I’ve enlisted the help of Mark Bell to jump start the strength side of things and my plan is to scale back conditioning sessions to more of a maintenance pace. 1 short effort per week (sub 5 minutes), 1 medium effort (10-20), and 1 long and slow (1 hour+). In the meantime I’m planning on eating like a horse and sleeping more than usual. The proof will be in the pudding at the end, but I think it will be fun to try something a bit different. And not to worry, much of this training will be done outdoors and by creative means...


No comments:

Post a Comment