My Warm-up

LIFE IS GOOD!

LIFE IS GOOD!

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Post Oak 25k

These races are all tough. We would rate any of them at a 7 or 8 difficulty level with 10 being the most difficult. I can only rate the trail runs up against trail races I have done. Mountain races are tougher because of altitude, summer races are tougher because of the heat. I am comparing these trails to other trail runs I have done in comparable weather around Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas. This comparison is only for runners who have never run the Post Oak Lodge Challenge so you know this is not a walk in the park on a nice, smooth, chat trail with public restrooms and fresh water every mile. The question you must ask yourself is, "AM I UP FOR THE TRC POSTOAK CHALLENGE?". Bring trail shoes and plan to run on trails with roots, rocks, trees, water crossings, anything and everything you would expect to find in the woods. Did I mention the hills? This is Osage County, Oklahoma, I don't believe there is a flat place out there. ARE YOU STILL UP FOR THE TRC POSTOAK CHALLENGE?

I've ran the 10k the past 5 years, but this year I'm signed up for the 25k.


Tentative Schedule - Saturday, March 7, 2015 5:30 am to 8:00 am - Breakfast Buffet at the POSTOAK Lodge
6:00 am to 9:00 am - Packet Pickup at the POSTOAK Lodge
7:00 am -  50K Early Start (official timed finish, but not eligible for awards)
8:00 am - 50K Start, 9 hour time limit for 50k
8:30 am - 25K Start
9:00 am - 10K Start

No comments:

Post a Comment